for process monitoring in the wastewater industry
Cambi is an ambitious and growing company with global impact on sustainable development. As the world market leader in Thermal Hydrolysis, Cambi offers treatment solutions for various waste streams. For further development of our remote process monitoring solution, we are seeking a data scientist, desirably with an engineering background.
As data scientist you will join a team consisting of: IT developer, data engineer, automation engineers and process engineers. Within the team you will be responsible for:
- Extracting value from process operation data via statistical and machine learning methods
- Developing analytics and algorithmic solutions and assist deploying them into production
- Ensuring models’ quality by validating and improving them over time
In addition to the role as data scientist, we foresee opportunities to participate in other activities for candidates with relevant background and interest:
Within the project:
- Maintaining data back-ends
- Development of app
- Data acquisition and transfer
Other engineering tasks:
- Smart instrumentation
- Optimisation of existing products and processes
- Development of new processes and products
- Process monitoring and operation support
- Academic degree in chemical, process or mechanical engineering, alternatively computer science, statistics, physics or other relevant fields.
- Ability to write code to solve problems
- Strong insight into machine learning, statistical analysis, mathematical modelling and simulation, and experience applying them to solve engineering problems
- Experience working with, and ability to visualize large complex data sets
- Strong programming skills in one or more relevant languages, such as Python, R, and Scala.
- Excellent verbal and written English skills (working language); knowledge of other languages is an advantage
Desired experience/ skills:
- Experience with SMACK stack - Spark, Mesos, Akka, Cassandra, Kafka
- Experience with web application platforms such as Enonic XP
- Knowledge of the process industry, preferably biogas and wastewater treatment facilities
- Good understanding of thermodynamics, fluid dynamics, process modelling and design
- Understanding of process control
- Curious and innovative with a desire to understand and to learn
- Able to break down complex problems into workable tasks
- A team player who enjoys interdisciplinary work in multicultural teams on international projects
- Highly proactive, responsive and engaging, with a customer-oriented mindset
- Honest, humble and hard-working, with a natural inclination to share and learn new skills
- Willing to travel according to company needs.
- A hands-on role with significant global impact on sustainable development
- Exciting working days, with challenges aplenty to grow both professionally and personally
- Work in an international environment as part of global teams.
- A competitive reward plan and a good working atmosphere.
Please send a cover letter and CV via the application form within December 1st, 2018.
For further information, please contact HR Director Maja Waage (firstname.lastname@example.org, +47 932 03 821)