Cambi is a world leading provider of sustainable sludge management solutions. We are based in Norway and operate on all continents. Our diverse and highly competent organisation provides a valuable service, benefiting more than 70 million people in cities such as London, Beijing, Brussels, Sydney, Singapore, Seoul and Washington DC.
Our core expertise lies in designing, manufacturing, installing and operating industrial process installations, used mainly for treating sludge before or after anaerobic digestion in wastewater treatment plants. The process, thermal hydrolysis, reduces greenhouse gas emissions, produces renewable energy, organic fertilisers and various soil products, while destroying pathogens and other harmful substances.
Thermal hydrolysis is closely integrated in the sludge line of wastewater treatment plants and requires a good understanding within several disciplines: mechanical, electrical, automation and process engineering, CAD, procurement, inspection and expediting, site installation and commissioning, operations and maintenance, anaerobic digestion, dewatering, energy recovery (CHP), steam production, heat exchangers etc.
Due to increasing sales and several new projects, we are now looking for a process engineer to strengthen our team at the headquarters in Asker, Norway. As Process Engineer, you will report to the Discipline Lead Process Engineer in the Technical Department headed by the CTO, with hands-on responsibility for:
- Development of process design for greenfield and brownfield projects
- Development of documentation during concept, basic and detail design
- Deliveries from early phase project development to project execution
- Process support and optimisation through analysis of operational data
- Product and equipment sizing and selection
- Support in the standardisation of products
- Troubleshooting and root cause analysis
- Support to the service and after-sales team
- Support to the sales team
- A Master’s degree (MSc) or PhD in Chemical, Mechanical or Environmental Engineering
- 5 years of work experience. Candidates with shorter work experience and other relevant background/qualifications are also encouraged to apply.
- Experience with development/ operation of complex process plants.
- Excellent verbal and written English skills; other languages will be an advantage.
- Knowledge and experience with wastewater and/or sludge treatment processes. Experience from other process industries is also relevant.
- Hands-on experience with operation, troubleshooting and optimization of process plants
- Good knowledge in 2D CAD systems.
- Comfortable with mass and energy balances for the design of process plants and development of design documentation
- Able to understand complex processes and to quantify and assess process performance.
- Able to understand and challenge technical specifications
- Structured, thorough and disciplined, with focus on quality and an ability to deliver on time
- A team player who enjoys interdisciplinary work in multicultural teams on international projects
- Highly proactive and responsive, with a customer-oriented mindset
- Honest, humble and hard-working, with a natural inclination to share and learn new skills
- Willing to travel according to project needs
- A hands-on role with significant global impact on sustainable urban development
- Exciting working days, with challenges aplenty to grow both professionally and personally
- Work in an international environment as part of global teams. Opportunities to travel.
- A competitive compensation plan and a good working atmosphere.
Please send your cover letter and CV via the application form to the right by Sunday, 24 June 2018.
For further information, please contact:
- HR Manager: Christian Isachsen, +47 909 83 547
- Discipline Lead Process Engineering: Åge Rasmussen, +47 479 11 169.