Cambi is the world leading provider of Thermal Hydrolysis. The process reduces greenhouse gas emissions and produces renewable energy, organic fertilisers and various soil products, while destroying pathogens and other harmful substances. Cambi’s technology contributes to a sustainable future.
Cambi is an ambitious and growing company with global impact, increasing sales and long-term strategic thinking. As R&D Engineer, you will take part in internal and external R&D projects, and be involved in acquisitions to help facilitate future growth.
As R&D Engineer you will be an important part of the Technical Department with hands-on involvement in activities such as:
- Optimization of existing products and processes
- Development of new processes and products
- Smart instrumentation
- Development of performance monitoring tools using data driven methods to ensure optimal operation of all of our plants
- Keeping an overview of technology development within our field
- Developing and maintaining our R&D roadmap in line with our long-term strategy and goals
- Adaptation of existing processes for treatment of new substrates through laboratory work, piloting and full-scale implementation
- Local approval processes to document compliance with local regulations
- Further development of the company IP portfolio
- MSc or PhD in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics or similar
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills and deep theoretical understanding of thermodynamics, fluid dynamics, process modelling and process design
- Experience with Python, R, Matlab or similar computing tools
- Strong academic achievements and experience from work in leading research groups in industry or academia
- Excellent verbal and written English skills (working language); knowledge of other languages is an advantage
- Beneficial with work experience (2-5 years), but recent graduates are also encouraged to apply
It is an advantage, but not a requirement to have:
- Experience with authoring scientific papers and presentation of scientific work
- Experience with waste and wastewater treatment
- Experience from process industry
- Experience with patents
- Experience from managing cooperation between industry and academia
- Curious and innovative with a desire to understand and to learn
- Able to break down complex problems into workable tasks
- A team player who enjoys interdisciplinary work in multicultural teams on international projects
- Highly proactive, responsive and engaging, with a customer-oriented mindset
- Honest, humble and hard-working, with a natural inclination to share and learn new skills
- Willing to travel according to company needs.
- A hands-on role with significant global impact on sustainable development
- Exciting working days, with challenges aplenty to grow both professionally and personally
- Work in an international environment as part of global teams.
- A competitive reward plan and a good working atmosphere.
Please send a cover letter and CV via the application form within December 1st, 2018.
For further information, please contact HR Director Maja Waage (firstname.lastname@example.org, +47 932 03 821)